Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A+ for Effort


"As a father pities his children, so the Lord pities those who fear Him; For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust." Psalm 103:13-14

I love this card. First, because it's a great reminder of our youngest daughter's love for me. But second(and more importantly), it's a great reminder of God's grace.

How so? Well, just as my daughter's love for me far outweighs her spelling mistakes, so too our love for the Lord far outweighs the mistakes we make. Now I'm not talking about wilful, sinful behavior...for that may require some loving discipline. But in those times when we are trying to follow the Lord and just plain miss the mark (as my daughter did here), I am comforted to know that God not only overlooks our mistakes, but actually pulls us close and tells us how much He loves us, just as we would our own children. Can you for one minute imagine me being angry or actually punishing my daughter for incorrect spelling on this card? No, of course not. So why would we think any less of our Heavenly Father who loves us with a perfect love? Do you feel condemned for the mistakes you've made while trying to follow the Lord? If so, it's not His voice you're listening to. For the Lord 'pities us as a father pities his children...He knows our frame and remembers that we are dust.' Thank you, Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sherrie,
    That note is a treasure. I will be over to visit regularly for sure. I'm going to get organised with the Scripture Memory system very soon. Thanks for the encouragement.
    Blessings
    Renelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Renelle. You're going to love the simplicity of the memory system!

    ReplyDelete